Tue, 26 Apr|
Mount Waverley Yoth Centre - Hall A
CSSA April Gathering 2022
Time and Location
26 Apr 2022, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm AEST
Mount Waverley Yoth Centre - Hall A, 47 Miller Cres, Mount Waverley VIC 3149, Australia
About the Event
Hope you can join us at the CSSA April Gathering! For those unable to attend the hall we will still be Live Streaming to the CSSA Members-Only Group and Zooming (details on how to join can be found below).
Our Member Speaker this month is Melissa Jackson - Adventuring in Argentina to see the Andes (and cacti)
I had always dreamed of seeing the Andes, and while I am not a cacti collector, I decided what better way to travel around Argentina admiring the magnificent mountain views of the Andes than on a cacti tour with fellow plant lovers.
Melissa has been a member of the CSSA since 2008. Apart from being the CSSAs latest Secretary, she has been actively involved with our Annual Show, organising the sales section since 2012, and has recently put her hand up to be the clubs Librarian (and has a collection of her own books that rivals that of the CSSA library). Her interest in succulents is mainly those from Southern Africa such as Haworthia, Gasteria and a variety of Mesembs. When she is not crazy busy with her job (teaching and coordinating research ethics), Melissa loves spending time with her dachshunds and plant collection, and travelling to see plants in habitat (when we are not locked down by a pandemic)!!!
DUE TO THE EVER CHANGING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK THIS EVENT BEFORE ATTENDING THE HALL.
HALL RULES* TO ENSURE WE ARE COMPLIANT WITH CURRENT RESTRICTIONS AND COVID SAFE PRACTICES TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE:
• Please note that failure to comply with these rules may mean that you will be denied access to the CSSA Gathering or be asked to leave the venue.
• This event requires ALL persons aged 18 years or over to be fully vaccinated (received at least two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine) unless you have a valid medical exemption from an authorised medical practitioner (this will be checked at the door by a Covid Monitor).
• ALL Members, Guests and Visitors MUST check in via QR Code using the Service Victoria app (this will be checked at the door by a Covid Monitor). For those without a smart phone a paper-based check in must be completed, and evidence of vaccination or valid medical exemption must be shown.
• In addition to the QR code sign-in, Members/Visitors/Guests will also need to sign in with the CSSA, this is for Society Insurance Purposes and must be completed.
• As check in may take some time, please remember to be PATIENT and to show RESPECT, TOLERANCE, UNDERSTANDING and KINDNESS to the Volunteers assisting in this process.
• Please DO NOT attend if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (temperature over 37.5°C, runny nose, cough, aches/pains, nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea, sore throat, loss of sense of smell or taste, fever/chills/night sweats, headache, shortness of breath, fatigue), have tested positive to Covid, have had close contact with anyone confirmed or suspected of having Covid-19, or have been required to self-isolate (please refer to https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/checklist).
• Hand sanitiser will be provided, and you are encouraged to use it on entering and before signing in.
• Social distancing of 1.5 metres must be maintained inside the venue.
• Number of attendees is restricted to 125, we reserve the right to refuse entry should the permitted capacity be reached.
• Due to the size of the kitchen facilities and requirements for safe distancing, Supper will not be provided. Members, Guests and Visitors wishing to have a hot drink and something to eat at the Supper Break are asked to provide their own tea/coffee (e.g. thermos) and snack.
• Due to venue size and social distancing requirements, table space for Sellers may be limited, if you are planning to sell, please ensure you advise the CSSA Secretary (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
• *Please note that these rules are subject to change dependent upon Victorian state restrictions at the time of the meeting.
• The order of proceedings will be as follows (approximate times):
6.00pm Hall will open to setup the venue (if you can assist with setup this would be appreciated)
6.45pm Sellers may enter the Hall to set up their sales
7.00pm Members/Guests/Visitors may enter the Hall
7.30pm Zoom room opens
7.45pm Live stream to CSSAustralia Members-only Group starts
8.00pm Official meeting start
9.00pm Speaker’s presentation commences
10.00pm Gathering closes (if you can assist with pack-up this would be appreciated)
FOR THOSE WISHING TO JOIN THE MEETING VIRTUALLY:
>> CSS Australia Members are provided the Zoom details via email and the Members-Only FB Group
>> If you would like to join the Monthly Gathering Zoom room as a Guest/Visitor, please send us a PM no later than 24 hours prior to commencement of the Monthly Gathering.
Guests/Visitors are welcome to join our Monthly Gatherings either at the hall or via Zoom for up to three occasions, after this time we ask you to become a Member. More information about our Membership is available on our Website (https://cssaustralia.org.au/membership). Membership costs as little as AU$20 a year, with the membership year commencing on the 1st March – so there is no better time to join than now!