Tue, 22 Feb|
Mount Waverley Youth Centre - Hall A
CSSA February Gathering 2022
Time and Location
22 Feb 2022, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm AEDT
Mount Waverley Youth Centre - Hall A, 45 Miller Cres, Mount Waverley VIC 3149, Australia
About the Event
Hope you can join us at the CSSA February Gathering! For those unable to attend the hall we will still be Live Streaming to the CSSA Members-Only Group and Zooming (details on how to join can be found below).
Our Guest Speaker this month is Stefan Burger - Two weeks in Mexico
Mexico is a true gem for cacti and exotic plant lovers. Join us on a trip across the Chihuahan Desert to the subtropical coniferous forests of Nuevo Leon.
Stefan Burger is an Australian Environmental Consultant and works in South America facilitating eco-tourism and researching cacti, primarily Chilean genera. He has a background in applied sciences, and has travelled to exotic plant habitats in Chile, Peru, Argentina, Madagascar, Mexico and the United States. Stefan is well known on Facebook and Instagram as Cactus Explorer and you can check out his tours here https://www.cactusexplorer.com
POTM: Columnar Cactus
DUE TO THE EVER CHANGING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK OUR FB EVENTS OR THE CSSA WEBSITE BEFORE ATTENDING THE HALL.
HALL RULES* TO ENSURE WE ARE COMPLIANT WITH CURRENT RESTRICTIONS AND COVID SAFE PRACTICES TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE:
• Please note that failure to comply with these rules may mean that you will be denied access to the CSSA Gathering or be asked to leave the venue.
• This event requires ALL persons aged 18 years or over to be fully vaccinated (received at least two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine) unless you have a valid medical exemption from an authorised medical practitioner (this will be checked at the door by a Covid Monitor).
• ALL Members, Guests and Visitors MUST check in via QR Code using the Service Victoria app (this will be checked at the door by a Covid Monitor). For those without a smart phone a paper-based check in must be completed, and evidence of vaccination or valid medical exemption must be shown.
• In addition to the QR code sign-in, Members/Visitors/Guests will also need to sign in with the CSSA, this is for Society Insurance Purposes and must be completed.
• As check in may take some time, please remember to be PATIENT and to show RESPECT, TOLERANCE, UNDERSTANDING and KINDNESS to the Volunteers assisting in this process.
• Please DO NOT attend if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (temperature over 37.5°C, runny nose, cough, aches/pains, nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea, sore throat, loss of sense of smell or taste, fever/chills/night sweats, headache, shortness of breath, fatigue), have tested positive to Covid, have had close contact with anyone confirmed or suspected of having Covid-19, or have been required to self-isolate (please refer to https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/checklist).
• Hand sanitiser will be provided, and you are encouraged to use it on entering and before signing in.
• A face mask must be worn inside the facility by all persons over the age of 8 unless an exception applies.
• Social distancing of 2.0 metres must be maintained inside the venue.
• Number of attendees is restricted to 125, we reserve the right to refuse entry should the permitted capacity be reached.
• Due to the size of the kitchen facilities and requirements for safe distancing, Supper will not be provided. Members, Guests and Visitors wishing to have a hot drink and something to eat at the Supper Break are asked to provide their own tea/coffee (e.g. thermos) and snack.
• Due to venue size and social distancing requirements, table space for Sellers may be limited, if you are planning to sell, please ensure you advise the CSSA Secretary (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
• *Please note that these rules are subject to change dependent upon Victorian state restrictions at the time of the meeting.
• The order of proceedings will be as follows (approximate times):
6.00pm Hall will open to setup the venue (if you can assist with setup this would be appreciated)
6.45pm Sellers may enter the Hall to set up their sales
7.00pm Members/Guests/Visitors may enter the Hall
7.30pm Zoom room opens
7.45pm Live stream to CSSAustralia Members-only Group starts
8.00pm Official gathering start
9.00pm Guest Speaker’s presentation commences
10.00pm Gathering closes (if you can assist with packup this would be appreciated)
FOR THOSE WISHING TO JOIN THE MEETING VIRTUALLY:
>> CSS Australia Members are provided the Zoom details via email and the Members-Only FB Group
>> If you would like to join the Monthly Gathering Zoom room as a Guest/Visitor, please send us a PM no later than 24 hours prior to commencement of the Monthly Gathering.
Guests/Visitors are welcome to join our Monthly Gatherings either at the hall or via Zoom for up to three occasions, after this time we ask you to become a Member. More information about our Membership is available on our Website (https://cssaustralia.org.au/membership). Membership costs as little as AU$20 a year, with the membership year commencing on the 1st March – so there is no better time to join than now!