Tue, 25 Jan|
Mount Waverley Youth Centre - Hall A
CSSA January Gathering 2022
Time and Location
25 Jan 2022, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm AEDT
Mount Waverley Youth Centre - Hall A, 45 Miller Cres, Mount Waverley VIC 3149, Australia
About the Event
At this stage we plan to be returning to the hall for our January Gathering! But to ensure we are catering to all our Members, for those unable to attend the hall we will be Live Streaming to the CSSA Members-Only Group and Zooming (details on how to join can be found below).
DUE TO THE EVER CHANGING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK OUR FB EVENTS OR THE CSSA WEBSITE BEFORE ATTENDING THE HALL.
Out Guest Speaker this month is Greg Carrick from Garden City Plastics - GCP: what we do and the future within Horticulture
This talk will provide a brief history of GCP. Projects they are involved in with material and other industries, not just Horticulture. Pot building, base drainage systems and why they are different, materials used etc. As well as recycling and where that's heading now and in the future.
Greg began as the First Apprentice at Gardenworld Nursery (Dingley Nurseries) in 1979. As a growing business, it soon had a couple more apprentices as the sales expanded. He was fortunate to work for an owner who was quite progressive heading to Europe and America to look at trends in retailing and bring these back to Melbourne (hence the different businesses in the complex including Collectors Corner). Greg worked his way up in the business becoming the manager in the early 90’s, taking pride in the quality stock, terrific presentation and relevant customer information, which is still a trademark for Gardenworld today. Greg joined the sales team at Garden City Plastics (GCP) in 2001. Over the past 19 years he has been involved in various committees with the Nursery and Garden Industry of Victoria, including being on the board for 6 years, and is currently on the board of Landscape Victoria which is exposing GCP to another side of the plant world.
Plant of the Month (POTM): Novelty or humorous planter
HALL RULES TO ENSURE WE ARE COMPLIANT WITH CURRENT RESTRICTIONS AND COVID SAFE PRACTICES TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE:
• Please note that failure to comply with these rules may mean that you will be denied access to the CSSA Gathering or be asked to leave the venue.
• This event requires ALL persons aged 18 years or over to be fully vaccinated (received at least two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine) unless you have a valid medical exemption from an authorised medical practitioner (this will be checked at the door by a Covid Monitor).
• ALL Members, Guests and Visitors MUST check in via QR Code (this will be checked at the door by a Covid Monitor). For those without a smart phone a paper-based check in must be completed, and paper-based evidence of vaccination or valid medical exemption must be shown.
• In addition to the QR code sign-in, Members/Visitors/Guests will also need to sign in with the CSSA, this is for Insurance Purposes and must be completed.
• As check in may take some time, please remember to be PATIENT and to show RESPECT, TOLERANCE, UNDERSTANDING and KINDNESS to the Volunteers assisting in this process.
• Please DO NOT attend if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (temperature over 37.5°C, runny nose, cough, aches/pains, nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea, sore throat, loss of sense of smell or taste, fever/chills/night sweats, headache, shortness of breath, fatigue), have tested positive to Covid, have had close contact with anyone confirmed or suspected of having Covid-19, or have been required to self-isolate (please refer to https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/checklist).
• Hand sanitiser will be provided, and you are encouraged to use it on entering and before signing in.
• A face mask must be worn inside the facility by all persons over the age of 8 unless an exception applies.
• Social distancing of 2.0 metres must be maintained inside the venue.
• Number of attendees is restricted to 125, we reserve the right to refuse entry should the permitted capacity be reached.
• Due to the size of the kitchen facilities and requirements for safe distancing, Supper will not be provided. Members, Guests and Visitors wishing to have a hot drink and something to eat at the Supper Break are asked to provide their own tea/coffee (e.g. thermos) and snack.
• Due to venue size and social distancing requirements, table space for Sellers may be limited, if you are planning to sell, please ensure you advise the CSSA Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
• The order of proceedings will be as follows (approximate times):
6.00pm Hall will open to setup the venue (if you can assist with setup this would be appreciated)
6.45pm Sellers may enter the Hall to setup their sales
7.00pm Members/Guests/Visitors may enter the Hall
7.30pm Zoom room opens
7.45pm Live stream to CSSAustralia Members-only Group starts
8.00pm Official meeting start
9.00pm Guest Speaker’s presentation commences
10.00pm Gathering closes (if you can assist with pack up this would be appreciated)
FOR THOSE WISHING TO JOIN THE MEETING VIRTUALLY:
>> CSS Australia Members are provided the Zoom details via email and the Members-Only FB Group
>> If you would like to join the Monthly Gathering Zoom room as a Guest/Visitor, please send us a PM no later than 24 hours prior to commencement of the Monthly Gathering.
Guests/Visitors are welcome to join our Monthly Gatherings either at the hall or via Zoom for up to three occasions, after this time we ask you to become a Member. More information about our Membership is available on our Website (https://cssaustralia.org.au/membership). Membership costs as little as AU$20 a year, with the membership year commencing on the 1st March – so there is no better time to join than now!