Tue, 25 July|
Mount Waverley Youth Centre - Hall A
CSSA July Gathering 2023
Time and Location
25 July 2023, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm AEST
Mount Waverley Youth Centre - Hall A, 45 Miller Cres, Mount Waverley VIC 3149, Australia
About the Event
Hope you can join us at the CSSA July Gathering! For those unable to attend the hall we will still be Live Streaming to the CSSA Members-Only Group and Zooming (details on how to join can be found below).
Our Speaker this month is Stefan Burger - Bolivian Cacti
Stefan is an Australian naturalist and environmental consultant living in Chile. He has an academic background in Applied Sciences and developed a fascination for cacti and other exotic plants from a young age. Stefan now facilitates habitat tours in South America (Cactus Explorer - https://www.cactusexplorer.com; https://www.facebook.com/cactusexplorer), works in conservation and independently researches cacti and desert ecology.
Bolivia is a landlocked country situated in the heart of South America. This fascinating land is located on the “elbow of the Andes” and is a biological paradise full of different microclimates spanning across a relatively small geographical area, encompassing everything from tropical lowlands to the Altiplano. In this presentation we discuss why these microclimates exist and what fascinating cacti and other exotics grow there.
AT THE HALL:
- Members/Visitors/Guests will need to sign in with the CSSA, this is for Society Insurance purposes and must be completed.
- Please DO NOT attend if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (temperature over 37.5°C, runny nose, cough, aches/pains, nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea, sore throat, loss of sense of smell or taste, fever/chills/night sweats, headache, shortness of breath, fatigue), have tested positive to Covid, have had close contact with anyone confirmed or suspected of having Covid-19, or have been required to self-isolate (please refer to https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/checklist).
- Face masks are no longer required unless you have been a Covid close contact. But feel free to wear one if you wish.
The order of proceedings will be as follows (approximate times):
• 6.00pm Hall will open to set-up the venue (if you can assist with set-up this would be appreciated)
• 6.45pm Sellers may enter the Hall to set-up their sales • 7.00pm Members/Guests/Visitors may enter the Hall
• 7.30pm Zoom room will open and soon after the live stream to FB CSSAustralia Members-only Group will commence
• 8.00pm Monthly Gathering starts
• 10.00pm Gathering close and pack up (if you can assist with pack-up this would be appreciated)
FOR THOSE WISHING TO JOIN THE MEETING VIRTUALLY:
>> CSS Australia Members are provided the Zoom details via email and the Members-Only FB Group
>> If you would like to join the Monthly Gathering Zoom room as a Guest/Visitor, please send us a PM no later than 24 hours prior to commencement of the Monthly Gathering.
Guests/Visitors are welcome to join our Monthly Gatherings either at the hall or via Zoom for up to three occasions, after this time we ask you to become a Member. More information about our Membership is available on our Website (https://cssaustralia.org.au/membership). Membership costs as little as AU$20 ($15 concession holders) a year – so there is no better time to join than now!